Thursday, October 21, 2021

Marine Vet Kills Woman Who Tried To Hug Him

Marine Corps veteran Tyler Ulis shot and killed a 31-year-old woman after she ran up to him and attempted to hug him.

Ulis approached Taylor Hicks on a Kansas highway on Sunday to apologize for a car accident with her husband. Ulis asked her forgiveness but she answered, “I do not forgive you.” Ulis then pulled a rifle and shot her in the head, according to authorities.

Ulis stood by Hicks as the police responded to the incident and said that she was being aggressive toward him. Police disputed that claim. Ulis was then arrested for second-degree murder.

This was the Marine Corps veteran’s second run-in with law enforcement. In 2015, Ulis shot an unarmed man in an Ohio bar. Ulis says that the man was threatening him with a knife. After the shooting, Ulis was arrested on charges of assault, disorderly conduct, and carrying a concealed weapon. Ulis and his attorney claim that the charges were politically motivated by political animus. Ulis had previously served on an Indiana police force.

Ulis says that his upbringing brought up signs that he should not have taken the gun. Ulis grew up in a middle-class family in Sumner County, Kentucky, where he received trophies for playing on a local baseball team.

After graduate school, Ulis worked for the Portman-Strickland gubernatorial office in Ohio. Ulis’ past ran-ins with law enforcement members in Ohio, as well as in Maryland and Indiana.

The Democratic candidate accused Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump of violence. The violent altercation has led to backlash against Ulis in many U.S. cities.

A $5,000 reward has been issued to find the truth behind this shooting. The shooting incident has caused the Marine Corps to suspend Ulis from all active-duty duty duty status. Ulis also got suspended from active-duty service from the Marine Corps Reserves and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.

The Marine Corps reservist will receive a 9.8 percent reduction of grade as a result of the shooting. Ulis will receive medical leave for seven months and be in regular Army uniform until July 7, 2019. Ulis will take eligible active duty service until May 2019.

Ulis’ death will make headlines for the next two days, according to reports.

“[A]s long as I live in this world I am going to honor her name,” said Ulis’ wife, Heather.

Ulis was a native of Kentucky, an East Central University graduate, and was serving in the Marine Corps Reserves. He is now unemployed.

You Might Like

(c)2019 News Network.


This content is published through a licensing agreement with Acquire Media using its NewsEdge technology.

VN:D [1.9.6_1107]

Rating: 1.6/10 (6 votes cast)

Latest article